Course OverviewWhat's CoveredFurther Information
- The QA Level 1 Award in Fire Safety Awareness (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification designed for those who want to increase their awareness of fire safety in the workplace.
- Candidates will learn basic fire safety principles in order to ensure they are keeping themselves and others in the workplace safe at all times.
- They will also learn what to do in the event of an emergency and the simple measures that can be taken to control the risk of fires.
- With subjects covered in just half a day, this course is an ideal way to ensure that all employees have a good understanding of fire safety, whilst minimising disruption to your organisation’s day to day activity.
- Causes of fires in the workplace
- The costs of fires in the workplace for employers, employees and society
- Basic fire safety duties and responsibilities
- Actions to be taken in the event of a fire
Principles of fire risk control
- Key elements for effective fire risk management:
- The fire triangle and controlling fire risks
- Fire risk control measures
- Fire prevention measures
- Safe use of portable fire-fighting equipment
- Fire safety equipment checks