Course OverviewWhat's CoveredFurther Information
- Did you know that following a cardiac arrest, every minute without CPR and defibrillation
reduces a casualty’s chance of survival by 10%?
- Sudden cardiac arrest is one of the UK’s biggest killers, and yet statistics show that most of the
British public are unaware of the life-saving difference they can make by performing CPR and
- The QA Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support and Safe Use of an Automated External Defibrillator
(RQF) qualification has been designed to provide candidates with the skills needed to administer
safe, prompt and effective basic life support and use an AED safely in emergency situations.
- With an estimated 60,000 out of hospital cardiac arrests occurring every year in the UK alone, make
sure you are prepared!
- Chain of survival
- Assessing an incident
- Casualty assessment
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- Recovery Position
- AED safety considerations:
- Using an AED
- Combining AED use with CPR
- Using an AED on a child
- Procedures for when Emergency Services arrive