Be PreparedWhat's CoveredFurther Information
- Anaphylaxis is a severe and life-threatening allergic reaction, which requires immediate medical attention.
With the number of sufferers increasing each year, it is extremely important to know what to do when faced
with this acute emergency condition.
- The QA Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support and Management of Anaphylaxis (RQF) qualification
has been designed for those who have a specific responsibility at work, at home or in voluntary and
community activities, to provide basic life support and manage anaphylaxis when dealing with an emergency.
Successful candidates will be able to recognise the signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis, and will be
equipped with the vital skills needed to administer safe, prompt and effective treatment.
- Chain of survival
- Incident and casualty assessment
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- CPR and defibrillation
- Recovery Position
- Common anaphylaxis triggers
- Signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis
- Adrenaline auto-injectors